Tuesday, August 2, 2011

You're putting THAT in your mouth?



You may be thinking- BUT, I like junk food! BUT, Do you like the way it makes you feel? UHM...well my answer is..NO!

When it comes to eating, you have to know what your body reacts to best. You should know when to eat, how often to eat, what you should eat, and before you put it in your mouth- why are you eating it? Are you really hungary and need something to fuel up with? Or maybe just bored?


For me, I react best to eating a high protein diet with a lot of fruits and veggies. I feel better in that i have more energy when I eat every 2-3 hours in small meals rather than 3 large meals a day.  Here is what I do to keep myself in check with the food I eat:

1.I went to http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/womans_lean_sexy_bible.htm to see how many calories, how much fat, carbs, and protein I need to eat everyday to fuel for my hard workouts. It's not about eating less calories as much as it is in getting the nutrients needed to gain muscle and be lean.

For me:
Calories: 2400-2800
Protein: 210-244g
Carbs:270-315g
Fat:53-62g

2. Write down EVERYTHING eaten and understand how much of everything that you ate in order to get an accurate reading on the nutrition label.

By keeping track this way, you will know EXACTLY what you're putting into your body. Some people will say "don't count calories..blahblahblah"..but..for me..by keeping track of everything keeps me knowing what I need for my body to feel good. 



My friend, Noel (pictured above), is a very active guy who has found that eating 3 meals a day works well for him. He is doing something similar to me, he has a goal and is addicted to working out. But like me, realizes that food intake is a big part of it. Here is what he ate:

Breakfast 
- 2 six ounce patties made of low fat turkey
Lunch 
-1/2 a turkey sandwich (with wheat bread) and 1 cup of chicken noodle soup 
Dinner
- same as breakfast


As you can see, he is succeeding in his journey to becoming fit and feeling great, too. I will be posting about M,T,and W workouts tomorrow:)

Stay be-YOU-tiful;)-Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment